Monday, October 09, 2006

We live in the same world

I saw this image on a friend's blog, and thought I would post it here. Click the image to see the full size and read the caption. Then consider these thoughts: (1) Jesus loved/loves this little boy, (2) Christ called/calls us to share Himself with such as these, (3) Were any of us there? Why not?, (4) Jesus loved/loves the photographer who took this picture (see caption), (5) The photographer did not have the hope of Jesus in his life, (6) Did any of us share Christ with this photographer? If not, why not?, (7) If one of us had been there for the little boy, how would this have impacted the photographer?, (8) How long do photographs like this have an impact on us?, (9) Most of us are comfortable lifestyle-wise and perhaps believe that this is because God has blessed us (don't tell that to John Piper); if this is true, how does this blessing relate to this little boy?, (10) Matthew 43-44: "For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me." Is this true of me? (11) Where were you in 1994? Where was I?

May we examine our attitudes.
ar TORONTO, CANADA | 2024+

WEBSITES MoveIn | Prayer Journey | Dollar-a-Day

FOLLOW NIGEL Instagram | Facebook