Saturday, January 05, 2008

"And I in foolish pride, forget He sees the upper, and I the underside"

From a friend's prayer letter:

"As I reflect on the joys and disappointments of 2007 this poem I read recently in Corrie Ten Boom's book 'Tramp for the Lord' really spoke to me. I trust it will encourage you too:

My life is but a weaving, between my God and me,
I do not choose the colours, He worketh steadily,
Oftimes He weaveth sorrow, and I in foolish pride,
Forget He sees the upper, and I the underside.
Not till the loom is silent, and shuttles cease to fly,
Will God unroll the canvas and explain the reason why,
The dark threads are as needful in the skillful Weaver's hand,
As the threads of gold and silver in the pattern He has planned.
"
ar TORONTO, CANADA | 2024+

WEBSITES MoveIn | Prayer Journey | Dollar-a-Day

FOLLOW NIGEL Instagram | Facebook