Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Update #2: Gasping for Air

My second day with AIDS Hope involved visiting family-abandoned patients in a ward of mostly HIV+ males.

The first young man I spoke to through translation was a young man who seemed to be at death's door. I asked him if he knew Jesus. He said he did, but that he had forsaken him. He said he wanted to come back to the Lord now, and asked where he could go to church when he got out of the hospital (which I hope he does). We gave him an idea, and also told him that he could get right with the Lord right now, on his hospital bed. He agreed that he wanted to do this, so we prayed with the young man as he rededicated his life to the Lord.

Perhaps like me you spend a lot of time and energy thinking about your own problems. But how does your life compare to that of this young man? Lord, give us perspective and love-motivated action.
-------------------
Sent from my mobile phone.

ar TORONTO, CANADA | 2024+

WEBSITES MoveIn | Prayer Journey | Dollar-a-Day

FOLLOW NIGEL Instagram | Facebook